Speed and security? Check! Simplicity? Absolutely!
Last week, Hewlett Packard Enterprise debuted the first fruit from its recent acquisition of SimpliVity. The HPE SimpliVity 380, powered by Intel, promises to simplify enterprise-grade IT, making it accessible to an IT generalist. It combines infrastructure and advanced data services for virtualised workloads, bringing that onto their market leading ProLiant DL380 server.
In addition to being the only hyperconverged solution on the market that deduplicates, compresses and optimises all data globally, reducing capacity needs by 90%, it also has a raft of additional features:
- Reduce total cost of ownership by 3x that of traditional IT
- Reduce the total cost of ownership by 2x that of public cloud
- Streamline operations through policy-based Virtual Machine management
- Increase time efficiency by 81%
- Provision an 8 node cluster in 60 seconds
- Reduce capacity utilisation by 10x across both primary and back-up storage
“People want simple and they want powerful” Mark Linesch, VP strategy and ops, office of the CTO at Hewlett Packard Enterprise. “What customers are looking for are solutions that are simple to use, simple to administer, very efficient in terms of the data services layer, but they’re also looking for enterprise class solutions”
We spoke to Mark in depth after the launch. Listen below:
Find out more about the HPE SimpliVity 380