Oracle has introduced a new version of Oracle Communications Diameter Signaling Router. The new release of the proven product is now cloud-deployable, designed to help communications service providers monetize their networks by creating new services and use a virtualized infrastructure to launch these services more quickly.
As reported in the “Oracle Communications LTE Diameter Signaling Index, Fourth Edition,” global Diameter signaling continues to grow rapidly. Consumers are demanding increasingly personalized services, and in turn, CSPs are delivering tiered data plans, loyalty programs, Internet of Things solutions, and more on LTE and 3G networks—the source of the Diameter signaling explosion. At the same time, CSPs are starting to virtualize network elements to better optimize their networks.
Oracle Communications Diameter Signaling Router addresses this reality. It offers centralized routing, traffic management, and load balancing, creating a secure architecture that enables CSPs’ IMS and LTE networks to be truly elastic and adaptable to increasing service and traffic demands, while also giving CSPs the foundation necessary to transition to network function virtualization (NFV). The benefits of this release include:
- A diameter signaling router that CSPs can deploy in a common and shared infrastructure with other telecommunications applications in a private or hosted cloud: This can help CSPs realize the benefits of NFV—rolling out new services faster and reducing operating expenses
- Networkwide visibility via an integrated troubleshooting capability and configurable dashboard: CSPs can trace Diameter messages and analyze operational metrics across their networks, helping to more centrally diagnose and troubleshoot problems in Diameter networks using graphical visualization tools
- Enhanced service quality and experience for Voice over LTE (VoLTE) customers, ensuring:
- Better protection from call loss, improving the customer experience
- Improved connection quality: New capabilities in the Oracle Communications solution help CSPs prioritize important traffic like VoLTE when the network is congested and avoid under- or overutilizing servers
- More-consistent experience for customers while roaming: With tighter encryption mechanisms in Oracle Communications Diameter Signaling Router, CSPs can implement roaming steering. This enables full control of the network selection for the out-roamers and yields a better experience for customers while roaming